Last Updated on
Top Best Hokkien Mee in Singapore
We spent months searching for the best Hokkien mee in Singapore, travelled North South East West of the island and finally managed to lock in the best. So far we have explored more than twenty reputable Hokkien mee stalls across the island in Singapore. Is your favorite Hokkien mee in the list as well?
- Kim’s Famous Fried Hokkien Prawn Mee @ Eunos
- Kim’s Famous Fried Hokkien Prawn Mee @ Bedok Corner
- Tampines 802 Fried Hokkien Mee
- Eng Ho Fried Hokkien Prawn Mee
- Xiao Di Fried Prawn Noodle
- Yi Ji Fried Hokkien Prawn Mee
- Ah Hock Fried Hokkien Noodles
- Singapore Fried Hokkien Mee
- Bedok Corner Hokkien Prawn Mee
- Geylang Lorong 29 Swee Guan Hokkien Mee
- Geylang Lorong 29 East Coast Hokkien Mee
- Kim Keat Hokkien Mee
- Seng Huat Fried Hokkien Mee
- Nam Kee Fried Prawn Noodle
- Gim Chew Fried Hokkien Mee
- Tian Tian Lai (come daily) Fried Hokkien Mee
- Yong Heng Fried Hokkien Prawn Mee
- Hainan Fried Hokkien Mee
- Nam Sing Hokkien Mee
- Original Serangroon Fried Hokkien Mee
- Chia Keng Fried Hokkien Mee
Our definition of what the Best Hokkien Mee should be like:
- Noodles are infused with charred flavor
- Seafood flavor mingled with the fragrance of perfectly cooked eggs
- Perfect noodle texture that not too gooey or too dry. Please no strong alkaline taste from the yellow noodle
- Not sugary sweet – Ingredients must be fresh and not overcooked or undercooked
- Chili is important for some but we think a good plate of Hokkien mee seriously don’t need it
What are our top picks Hokkien mee stalls? (Not in specific order, there are the best that able to fulfill most of our requirements in one way or another)
Kim Keat Hokkien Mee
Tired of traditional fried Hokkien mee? Why not try the Claypot Hokkien mee from Kim Keat Hokkien mee at Toa Payoh? The crispy deep fried roasted pork is a killer coupled with the salivating Claypot flavoured Hokkien mee, it is heavenly.
Xiao Di Fried Prawn Noodle
The winning formula is his generosity with the eggs and the way how the eggs are cooked, it greatly boosted the overall aroma, in fact, egg is one of the most kept secret for a good plate of Hokkien mee, and most of the Hokkien mee stalls seem to neglect it. Xiao Di obviously discovered the trick and has mastered it. Try it and you will understand what we meant.
Ah Hock Fried Hokkien Noodles
We were a little hesitated to include this stall but after some serious discussion and we decided to add in to one of the top picks. Overall, Ah Hock Hokkien mee will definitely not going to disappoint you although it was a little on the dry side but the flavour is irresistible.
Nam Sing Hokkien Mee
No Hokkien mee stall even keep us waited for such a long time amongst those stalls we had patronised, 45 minutes to an hour wait is nothing unusual! However, we think the wait is worthwhile with the well balanced sumptuous taste. For every trip we visit the food centre, it is inevitable to have a plate of Name Sing Hokkien mee on our table.
Tian Tian Lai Fried Hokkien Mee
Our first visit to Tian Tian Lai was a disappointment but it was the second visit that we changed our view, look for the right chef before you place the order, there is a big difference in taste if cooked by the helper or it is cooked by Jason – the real successor of Tian Tian Lai, in the blunt way, the taste is between hell and heaven.
Geylang Lorong 29 Swee Guan Hokkien Mee
One of the very few Hokkien mee stalls cooked using Charcoal, may be it is truth to some extent charcoal do some wonder to the taste but the stock, seasoning and ingredients with the right skills are all paramount to whip out a plate of good Hokkien mee, that is how people rave about Swee Guan and we can concur.
Geylang Lorong 29 East Coast Hokkien Mee
Cooked by another brother of Swee Guan Hokkien mee at Geylang lorong 29, the mee is very gooey and we thought the noodle was overcooked, surprisingly, the noodles are tasted really good and comparable to Swee Guan
Of course, like or dislike is very much dependent on individual taste buds, so, don’t get upset if your top favorite is not one of our top picks, take it as a reference if you have a craving for best Hokkien mee in Singapore. Enjoy!